Study & Viewing Room Policies
The University Libraries offer group study rooms for student, staff and faculty use at Coe Library and the Library Annex. Coe Library also has media viewing rooms available for student, staff and faculty use.
- Groups must make a reservation for a study room and check out the key (Coe Library only) at the Circulation Desk (for study rooms) or the Media Desk (for viewing rooms) prior to occupying the room. Photo ID must be presented to check out the room key.
- Reservations may be made in person, by phone, or online using Reserve A Room, up to one week in advance.
- Coe Library Circulation (307) 766-3190
- Media (307) 766-5531
- Library Annex (307) 766-5165
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours each day, per group. The names of all group members must be submitted when making reservations.
- No group may reserve a room again in the same day. At the end of the original reservation, groups may extend their time onlyi if a room is available.
- Library staff may cancel a reservation for groups determined to be unfairly monopolizing rooms.
- If no member of the group arrives within 10 minutes of the reservation time, the reservation will be cancelled by library staff and the room made available to others.
- Please notify the Circulation desk when finished with a reservation early in order to allow others to use the leftover time.
Group study & Media rooms
- Rooms are intended for group or individual study. The two larger rooms at the Library Annex may only be reserved by groups of two or more. Study rooms may not be used for regularly scheduled classes and meetings.
- Rooms must be occupied during the reservation time. Library staff may cancel reservations for groups who have a reservation but are not actively using the room.
- Rooms must be vacated immediately at or prior to the end of their reservation so the next group is not kept waiting.
- Groups must refrain from making excessive noise and disturbing other library patrons.
- Food and drink are permitted in the group study rooms at the Library Annex, in the study rooms on Level 1 and Level 2 of Coe Library and in the media viewing rooms.
- Groups must clean up after themselves and leave the room in good condition.
- Rooms must be secured at all times and the door closed upon leaving. Users of the group study rooms are responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings or library equipment during their reservation.
*Abuse of group study and media room policies may result in the loss of study room privileges.