Study rooms, viewing rooms, and study spaces
View the library guide for complete study spaces informationView guide
Study and Viewing Rooms
Study and viewing rooms available for one or a group, reserve yours here
Coe Library and the Library Annex offer personal study spaces for individual and group use by UW faculty, staff and students. Study rooms are available in a variety of sizes that accommodate 4 to 10 persons. All study rooms include a table, chairs, and white board. Sixteen rooms at Coe Library and two rooms at the Library Annex are also equipped with a computer, large screen monitor, webcam, microphone, and videoconferencing software.
Additionally, two media viewing rooms are available in Coe Library. These rooms include a DVD/VHS player, large screen television, and comfortable seating.
- Reservation may be made up to one week in advance. To reserve a study or viewing room, use the Reserve a Room Service or contact or visit a Circulation desk:
- Coe Library (307) 766-3190
- Library Annex (307) 766-5165
- Media (307) 766-5531
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours each day, per group. The names of all group members must be submitted when making reservations.
- Users must make a reservation and check in at the appropriate Circulation Desk prior to occupying a study or viewing room. Photo ID must be presented to access rooms.
- No individual or group may reserve a room multiple times in the same day. At the end of the original reservation, users may extend their time only if a room is available.
- Library staff may cancel a reservation for users determined to be unfairly monopolizing rooms.
- Study and viewing rooms are intended for group or individual study. Rooms may not be used for regularly scheduled classes and meetings.
- If no member of the group arrives within 15 minutes of the reservation time, the reservation will be cancelled by library staff and the room made available to others.
- Rooms must be vacated immediately at or prior to the end of their reservation so the next user is not kept waiting.
- Users must refrain from making excessive noise and disturbing other library patrons.
- Rooms must be secured at all times. Users of study and viewing rooms are responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings or library equipment during their reservation.
- Users must clean up after themselves and leave the room in good condition.
*Abuse of study room and viewing room policies may result in the loss of room privileges.