Policies for view rooms and study spaces and rooms
View the library guide for complete study spaces informationView guide
Study rooms available for one or a group, reserve yours here
Coe Library and the Library Annex offer personal study spaces for individual and group use by UW faculty, staff and students. Study rooms are available in a variety of sizes that accommodate 4 to 10 persons. All study rooms include a table, chairs, and white board. Fourteen rooms at Coe Library have Dell Computers. Nine of these rooms are also equipped with webcams, microphones, and videoconferencing software. Additionally, two media viewing rooms are available in Coe Library. These rooms include a DVD/VHS player, television, and comfortable seating.
- Reservation may be made up to one week in advance. To reserve a study room or viewing room, contact or visit Circulation desks at:
- Coe Library (307) 766-3190
- Library Annex (307) 766-5165
- Media (307) 766-5531
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 4 hours each day, per group. The names of all group members must be submitted when making reservations.
- Groups must make a reservation and check in at the appropriate Circulation Desk prior to occupying a study or viewing room. Photo ID must be presented to access rooms.
Media Viewing Rooms
- No group may reserve a room multiple times in the same day. At the end of the original reservation, groups may extend their time only if a room is available.
- Library staff may cancel a reservation for groups determined to be unfairly monopolizing rooms.
- Rooms are intended for group or individual study. Study rooms may not be used for regularly scheduled classes and meetings.
- If no member of the group arrives within 15 minutes of the reservation time, the reservation will be cancelled by library staff and the room made available to others.
- Rooms must be vacated immediately at or prior to the end of their reservation so the next group is not kept waiting.
- Groups must refrain from making excessive noise and disturbing other library patrons. Room must be left in good condition.
- Rooms must be secured at all times. Users of the group study rooms are responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings or library equipment during their reservation.
- Groups must refrain from making excessive noise and disturbing other library patrons.
- Food and drink are permitted in the group study rooms at the Library Annex, in the study rooms on Level 1 and Level 2 of Coe Library and in the media viewing rooms.
- Groups must clean up after themselves and leave the room in good condition.
- Rooms must be secured at all times and the door closed upon leaving. Users of the group study rooms are responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings or library equipment during their reservation.
*Abuse of study room and viewing room policies may result in the loss of room privileges.